Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Yeller Pianer

I might be a lousy shot, an' I cain't ride no horse,
Ain't never downed a shot of whiskey, but one thang is for shore.
Ever night 'bout ten O'clock I venture to Buck's Saloon
Sit right down at the yeller pianer and belt out a real nice tune.

All the gals an' all the boys will hoot and holler an' cuss,
An' look at me an' all will say, "Yore a better cowboy than us!"
I'll sang, "I ain't scared of this pianer but this pianer's scared o' me,
It used to be black till I sat down, now it's yeller as can be!"

An everyone from here to Texas'll say I'm the best around,
No one will mess with me for shore unless one little secret is found.
One small thang that no one knows from here to the Mexican border,
This yeller pianer sounds real nice, but only if you deposit a quarter.