Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Unusual Suspects

Dialed 9-1-1, oh yes it's true,
Someone had stole my kangaroo.
They showed up soon, those men in blue,
I told them one specific clue.
"This thief was different, he was skewed,
Can't quite remember how though blue."
They searched the night and caught eleven,
Brought them in, four bods plus seven.
I took a peek and what I saw
Made me curl up into a ball.
The first one had a giant paw,
Like a bears with five sharp claws.
The second's knees were far too big,
His legs looked like they grew two pigs.
The third man's arms dragged 'cross the floor
And went right underneath the door.
The fourth one looked just like a deer,
In fact he was, this is quite queer!
The fifth and sixth were joined together
And their hair was made of feathers.
Seven stood up straight and tall,
His head looked like a tennis ball.
Eight was standing on his hands,
His kilt was raised, his cheeks were tanned.
Nine was backwards, ten was green,
It was the strangest crew I'd seen.
Eleven was invisible,
Except for all his sparkly jewels.
I told the cops they'd done quite swell,
But none of these quite fit the bill.
I then remembered the one strange thing
That on the crook I think I'd seen.
So then I said, "It's none of these!"
"Let them go blue, if you please."
"The thief who stole my kangaroo,
He had two different colored shoes!"